Does your pet itch, scratch or bite themselves excessively? Often times, animals exhibit this behavior due to food allergies. Food allergies are typically indicated by your pet chewing the tops and/or bottoms of their feet as well as chewing at the base of the tail (where the tail meets the body).
We recommend that you visit your neighbourhood Global Pet Foods store and speak to one of our Healthy Pet Care Specialists. Changing a pet`s diet may help minimize or even eliminate these issues. There are many benefits to feeding your pet a freeze-dried or raw food. Freeze-dried pet food is essentially raw food without water, and is made from fresh ingredients (not processed like kibble).
SPECIAL NOTE: When changing to a new formula, please ensure that you make the change gradually. In many cases, when you’re transitioning your pet to a healthier food from a brand sold in grocery stores, pet food brands sold in Global Pet Foods stores are much more ingredient rich. Accordingly, you can feed less of the new food. Transition slowly, ie a mix of old and new, so as to avoid upset stomach and diarrhea. Typically, transitioning to a new food can take up to 2 – 3 weeks, depending on how sensitive your pet’s stomach is. The Healthy Pet Care Specialists can help you determine how to transition your pet to the new food and the length of time needed.
Noted below are three of our recommended brands:
1. ORIJEN® Biologically Appropriate™ Freeze Dried Foods:
- Gently freeze-dried to lock in all of the natural goodness of ORIJEN`S fresh ingredients, offering all the benefits of raw.
- High inclusions of fresh poultry, wild-caught fish and ranch-raised meats in the authentic WILD PREY™ ratios to supply essential vitamins and minerals, naturally reducing the need for synthetics.
- Prepared from the very best and freshest local ingredients in Canada`s largest freeze-dry kitchens.
2. PRIMAL Freeze-Dried Formula for Dogs and Cats:
- Species appropriate diets available in raw frozen and freeze-dried formulas.
- Produced with only the highest quality raw ingredients, all Primal products offer pets a superior form of highly digestible amino acids, vitamins and minerals, the building blocks of every animal’s biological function.
- All of Primal`s raw foods and treats are produced using the freshest, human-grade, antibiotic-free and steroid-free meats, poultry and game, certified organic produce, certified organic minerals and unrefined vitamins. The meats are procured from poultry and game from ranchers throughout the United States that take pride in producing wholesome sources of protein through natural, sustainable agriculture.
3. Stella & Chewy`s:
- Freeze-Dried Dinners for Dogs & Cats
- 100% Complete & Balanced
- 90-95% Meat, Organs & Ground Bone
- No Added Hormones & Antibiotic-Free
- No Grains & Gluten-Free
Choosing the right pet food can be very confusing. You want the best for your pet and we do too. The Healthy Pet Care Specialists in Global Pet Foods stores across Canada can help to simplify the process for you in determining whether you should feed your pet freeze-dried, frozen or kibble food. Let us help you! We are Canada`s Healthy Choice for Pets! To find a Global Pet Foods store near you, visit www.globalpetfoods.com.